We receive the following information when you register and use StealthChat:
- Your Account Information. You provide your mobile phone number to register StealthChat. You may also provide optional information for your account, such as a profile name, a profile picture, and a personal status message.
- End to End Encryption. When you initiate a new 1:1 chat session or group chat session, the end devices generate public and private key pairs and exchange keys. All encryption keys are stored on end devices; there are no encryption keys stored on the StealthChat servers.
- Your Messages in Transit. StealthChat performs end-to-end encryption of all information that is sent between users, including messages, pictures, files, voice messages and voice-over-IP calls. Messages, pictures, files and voice messages pass through the StealthChat servers and are deleted as soon as they are delivered to the recipient. Voice-over-IP data is sent peer-to-peer and does not pass through the StealthChat servers.
- Your Data at Rest. Encryption Keys, your message history, your pictures, files and voice message history is also stored on your device in encrypted storage using industry best practices such as AES/EAX encryption using PBDKF2 derived from your password.
- Your Contacts. StealthChat performs “friend finding” on your device and does not upload a copy of your contacts to the StealthChat server. StealthChat will automatically add other registered StealthChat users it finds in your phone book to your StealthChat roster and your StealthChat roster is also stored on the StealthChat servers. StealthChat group members are stored on the StealthChat servers.
- Customer support. You may provide us with information related to your use of StealthChat to debug problems and performance issues.
- Usage and log information. We collect anonymized service related diagnostic information to help us to improve the quality and reliability of StealthChat. This include information your activity (such as how you use StealtChat), log files, diagnostics and crash dumps.
- Device and Connection Information. We collect device-specific information when you use StealthChat, including your device hardware model, operating system information, network information for diagnostic and troubleshooting purpose.
- Status Information. We collect information about your online status and personal status message on the StealthChat servers, such as whether you are online, when you last used StealthChat and when you last updated your personal status message.
- Location Information. When you share your location with your contacts, that information is encrypted and sent through the StealthChat servers. We do not have access to the data and we do not save this information.
- IP Information. We temporarily record your IP information when you send and receive messages and files and when you make voice-over-IP calls. Your IP address is automatically purged once the connection is dropped.
- Information others provide about you. We receive information from other users that may include information about you. For example, when one of your friends registers to use StealthChat and they have your contact information in their phone book then their device will add you to their StealthChat roster (just as your device would do if you had your friend’s contact data in your phone book).
- Third party providers. We work with third party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market StealthChat. For example, we work with a third-party company to report crash dumps. These providers may give us information about you in certain circumstances. For example, an app store may provide us with reports to diagnose and fix service issues.
- Third Party Applications. StealthChat permits you to share your information with third-party apps. When you use third party apps to share StealthChat information, the privacy terms of those apps will govern your use of those services.
If you would like to manage, change, limit, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through following tools:
- Services Settings. You can manage your contacts and groups and can use the Block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate. You can use the Burn feature to limit the time that a message is displayed on the screen after the recipient reads it. You may also secure the information on your display by turn on screen encryption feature.
- Change Profile Name and Picture, and Personal Status Message. You can change your profile name, profile picture, and personal status message at any time.
- Remove all Accounts and End Chat. After you reset your account, remember that your information may be stored on our StealthChat servers for a longer period. We periodically purge inactive accounts on the servers. Please remember that even after you have reset your account and/or deleted the StealthChat application, your contact record may remain in the roster on you friends devices.
The preceding information may be shared in the event that we are required to: (a) respond pursuant to an applicable law or regulation, to legal process, or to government request; (b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations; (c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, StealthChat, Rockliffe or others.
Rockliffe Systems, Inc.
1901 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 1190
Campbell, California, 95008, USA
Phone : +1 408 879 5600
Fax : +1 408 879 5610
Email : email@example.com